This half day virtual learning experience is designed for professionals who have to write proposals, reports, memos, letters, instructions, handbooks and executive summaries in English, whatever their mother tongue.
Through short modules about the science of effective business writing, hands on practice and group work you will learn how to plan, structure, write, analyze and edit great business writing for maximum impact.
By the end of this half-day workshop you will:
· Know the basic science of effective written communication
· Recognize writing styles that communicate well
· Avoid common errors of style and language
· Write to a logical structure
· Analyze and improve your own writing
· Reduce the time you spend writing
· Add impact to obtain the results you want
Participants are asked to submit a one-page sample of their business writing before the course, that will be used during the workshop and will allow each participant to get personal coaching.
The proposed agenda is 2 ½ hours as follows, delivered using ZOOM platform:
09:30 am to 12:00 am
· Introduction, Protocol, Icebreaker, Objectives
· Why bad writing is bad for organizations and why it happens
· Reacting as a reader – participative workshop
· Four stage strategy for writing business documents
· Selecting your audience and material –using your case studies
· Planning your document – structure and layout –using your case studies
· Writing for clarity – hands on writing session
· Editing for readability –using your case studies
· Anchoring learnings – wrap-up